Sunday, March 22, 2009

WE DID IT!!!

After I had Riley I told Trey that I really wanted to set a goal for myself to help me lose the baby weight. After some serious debates and convincing Trey finally committed to running the half marathon with me. We wanted to run Houston in January but didn't register in time so we decided on the Cowtown in Ft. Worth. For those of you in Houston, appreciate the flat land and don't ever dream of running in the "hills" of Ft. Worth, Texas. I'm not the biggest fan of Houston but I do love the flat land. Although we nearly thought we were going to die, we made it. It was 33 degrees with a 27 mile an hour wind when we started and those hills went for all 13.1 miles but we did it! I'm so proud of both of us! Here are a few pictures of our experience...


Although we look ridiculously sexy in this picture, we were so cold we couldn't even pin each others bibs on!
Me and Jugs-THANK GOD she ran with me or I never would have made it! And yes...those of you thinking her headphones are ridiculously large-they are!

Even though I look like the most stellar athlete, I was hurting right here!

FINISHERS-YAY!!!

No comments: